“The money is in the list” is a common saying that we are all familiar with in the internet marketing scene. As a result, building an effective email list is essential to the growth of a business. When you have a list of subscribers, it will be easier to drive traffic to your blog or offer thereby making money in the process.
In the last post, an introduction to lead magnets, I went over what lead magnets are and why they are important. In this post, I’m going to go over 6 WordPress plugins you can use your lead magnets in to build your email marketing list.
It can be used to create beautiful notification bars which are displayed at the top of the screen. It can be used for generating leads through sales funnels or optin forms. It is free for up to 10 clicks. It also has a premium option that costs $4.95 per month.
Hello Bar generates custom code which can be added through a WordPress plugin. You can however insert the code into your theme if you are not interested in using a plugin. As at the time of writing this article, Hello Bar is limited to Mailchimp, Contast Contact, Aweber and Campaign Monitor.
Highlighted below are its features:
- It offers built-in analytics.
- It has well-designed optin forms.
- It has a self-generated WordPress plugin.
It is useful for creating professional looking landing pages. It is also useful for creating membership portals. It is an easy-to-use drag and drop editor. It comprises a plugin and a theme. The plugin version can be used if you desire to keep the current design of your blog.
Its features are:
- It has a drag and drop editor.
- It provides shortcodes support.
- It offers a simple autoresponder integration.
- It provides easy to follow tutorials.
- It offers SEO features.
- There are over 30 templates which you can choose from.
This plugin is designed by AppSumo. It is a free plugin that is useful for displaying simple popups. It has great features that are found in the premium alternatives. Since it is free, it is a good option for beginners with slim budget. It can be easily integrated with Mailchimp. It’s however required to sign up for an account at Sumome website before the plugin can be assessed.
Its features are as follow:
- Its actions do not affect the speed at which a page loads.
- It offers a smart Email popover timing.
- You enjoy a full HTML control over the content of the popover.
- You can view the statistics of the email subscription for any period of time.
WP Email Capture
This plugin is a great solution for those that are not interested in using autoresponders for harvesting emails. It has the ‘Name’ and ‘Email’ fields for collecting emails. Since you can use it without autoresponders, you don’t have to spend money on Aweber or Getresponse. It has a free version which has limited functionalities when compared to the premium version.
Its major features include:
- List can be easily exported to major autoresponder services.
- It makes use of WordPress internal wp_mail to send mails.
- It offers double optin function for verification.
- It tracks visitors visiting one’s site.
- It supports custom post types.
This is a premium plugin that makes it easy to use stylish popup forms. The plugin also enables you to include custom forms beneath posts, sidebar widgets, beneath the site, pages as well as slide-in form. Due to its expensive nature, it may not be recommended for beginners. One of the factors that can be responsible for its high price is the Exit-Intent technology that it provides. This detects the behavior of the visitor and provides them with a targeted campaign while they are about to leave the site.
Its features include:
- It has beautiful optin form designs.
- It offers A/B testing feature which can be used to test content, headlines and layouts amongst others.
- It has built-in analytics that help in analyzing clicks, views and general conversion rates.
The plugin comes with different types of opt-in forms. It can be used to create popups, slide-in forms, ribbon-style forms (found at the top or beneath the screen), 2-step opt-in links as well as the screen-filling forms. It has tools which make it possible to insert opt-in forms beneath posts as well as in the widget areas.
It offers a lot of flexibility for through the wide selection of forms and the drag-and-drop editor it provides. It also gives room for advanced A/B testing as well as detailed reporting which help in conversion otimization. You can also hide opt-in forms for already subscribed visitors and replace it with alternate content.
Its main features are highlighted below:
- It has lots of pre-designed templates and drag-and-drop editor.
- It has different types of opt-in forms that can be thought form.
- It provides backup and export function for the list of subscribers.
- It also offers advanced A/B testing which can be used to test different offers thereby improving conversion optimization.
- It can be used to display different content to already-subscribed readers.
It offers lots of animation options.
Have you used any of these plugins? What’s your experience with them? Which of these are your favorites? Is there any other plugin which you’ll love to recommend? Let’s have your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve found this article useful, feel free to share it with your friends, coworkers, family & social media channels!