Despite the importance of social media marketing and Search Engine Optimization, none of these can replace the importance of a well-designed email marketing strategy.
Email is the most effective means through which small businesses can build a responsive customer base and sales. It is not capital intensive. It is also easy to use and maintain. You can track and scale up your campaigns to get the best results possible.
The Effectiveness of Email as a Marketing Tool
A survey conducted by ExactTarget in 2012 revealed that 91% of consumers make use of email at least once every day. Experian also found the average return for every $1 invested on email marketing to be $44.25. The survey revealed that 66% of consumers made a purchase decision due to the email they received.
These surveys reveal that email marketing is an effective tool for pushing a business before the eyes of one’s customers. It’s also an effective avenue for influencing customers to make a decision to buy one’s products or services.
Choosing the right email marketing platform for your business is an important step in your marketing journey. To help you make the right choice, we have compiled some of the most effective email marketing platforms that will help in actualizing your marketing goals. These platforms are the most suitable for small businesses and are not arranged in any particular order.
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms which provides the tools that are needed for creating, managing and tracking email campaigns of varying sizes. It is very suitable for non-tech users since it is user-friendly and can be easily customized.
Its features include:
- A/B split testing which helps in analyzing the headlines and content that provide the best result.
- Different third-party application integrations.
- Team members can benefit from multi-user accounts.
- Permalink pages can be automatically generated.
- It offers Google analytics integration to measure your advertising ROI and track your ad campaigns.
- It gives you the ability to craft and send surveys.
- It offers email templates that can be easily customized.
Despite the useful features of Mailchimp, it does not provide a full-feature free plan and phone support.
The free version of Mailchimp can support up to 2000 subscribers as well as about 12000 emails monthly. The premium version costs about $15 to $240 per month based on the number of subscribers.
Constant Contact can also help small businesses with their email marketing campaigns. Apart from email marketing, it also provides other services that enable offline businesses to make use of online marketing.
Its features are as follow:
- It supports drag and drop editing.
- It has more than 400 customizable templates for email.
- It has social media integration.
- There are multiple app integration options.
- The “From” name can be changed within one account.
- There is an automatic duplicate check as well as unsubscribe removal.
- It provides support through phone, email, chat online FAQs, videos and tutorials.
- Complete set of email list management tools.
- Free trial for 30 days.
Constant Contact lacks customization features which can be sued by advanced users. Also, it does not have autoresponders.
Constant Contact’s price ranges from $15 to $150 per month based on the size of your contacts. Pre-paying customers and non-profits can also benefit from the discounts that they offer.
Emma mail provides a simple and stylish way for businesses to stay in touch with their clients, members and fans. The platform provides a hassle-free email management for small businesses.
The following features can be enjoyed by businesses that are making use of Emma:
- Mobile-optimized templates which can be easily customized.
- It supports real-time response tracking and Google Analytics integration.
- It provides surveys and forms which users can use to gather insights about their subscribers.
- Drag and drop design tools.
- User-friendly interface
- Free trial for 60 days
- It provides unlimited hosting space for images.
- Customer support.
- It has different list customization and segmentation options.
Emma does not offer automatic A/B split testing and spam reporting.
After the expiration of the 60-day free trial period, there are no free options. The price is dictated by the size of the subscribers and starts at $35 per month for a maximum of 1000 subscribers.
It is one of the oldest, most reliable and popular email marketing services. It is a great choice for the less tech users due to its user-friendly interface. Users can benefit from its great deliverability and consistency.
Its features include:
- Advanced and complex customization options.
- Excellent deliverability.
- It provides an easy means of managing and tracking subscribers.
- It offers live support services.
- User-friendly interface.
- It provides email personalization options.
- It supports the segmentation of subscribers.
- Automatic emails/ autoresponders.
- Split testing for signup forms.
Aweber does not provide a survey feature as well as Google Analytics integration.
Just like the other email platforms, its pricing plan depends on the number of subscribers. The price ranges from $19 per month (for a maximum of 500 subscribers) to $149 per month (for a maximum of 25000 subscribers).
iContact is an easy-to-use email marketing platform. It has the following features:
- It supports social media integration.
- It has different contact management options.
- Users can enjoy support through phone, email and chat.
- Integration with various CMSs.
- Segmentation of contacts.
- It provides A/B split testing option.
- Excellent deliverability.
- Optimization of message layout.
- It has top-notch support services.
iContact does not provide usability for lists that are more than 100,000. It also lacks 24/7 phone support.
iContact’s plans are priced based on the size of the subscribers. It ranges from $10 to $109 per month for 250 and 15,000 subscribers respectively.
The lists highlighted in this article only contain a portion of the numerous email marketing services that are being used today. To establish a successful email marketing strategy, simply find and stick to the one that best aligns with your business goals. Explore and use the features of the platform you finally settle for to get the value for your investment.
If you’ve found this article useful, or maybe you have other email marketing platforms that were not mentioned in this post, we will love to hear from you through the comment section below.